The Doppler Audio
The Doppler Audio is used to help eliminate possible sources of shift to an audib1e signal. By listening to the Doppler audio, a police officer can determine the following.
The Doppler Audio helps the operator during the initial observation and identification of the target vehicle. It is a useful tool, especially for police radar.
- When the target vehicle enters the main power beam
- If the initial speed estimate of the target vehicle is consistent with the Doppler Audio
- a high-pitched sound is produced by a fast target
- a low-pitched sound is produced by a slower target
- Most radar interferences will not register a Doppler Audio
- Selectivity problems which are recognized by fluctuations in the audio
For more information on sports radar guns and police radar, please, follow these links: